sábado, 26 de febrero de 2011

Mùsica : Jeffrey N Kelley

As a songwriter, I have enjoyed learning how to make recordings using a PC. The songs in these albums are put here for you to enjoy. Nothing more. It is that simple.

I could list my musical influences, but if you listen, they should be pretty obvious.

The equipment I use is the least expensive stuff I can find to do the job. I plug a Sure SM58 into a Zoom MRS-4 to capture vocals and guitar work played on a Washburn DS10 or a Yamaha FG720S-12. I premix the four digital tracks then transfer them in analog through a Behringher Dualflex Pro processor into my computer using Cool Edit Pro. I then add bass, leads, and keys, if the song calls for them, using the MRS-4 as a pre and route it through the Dualflex directly into the computer using Cool Edit Pro. If I need good bass, my friend Fish does it. If I need real drums, my friend Virgil does it.

Speaking of which, Fish, Virgil, and I put a three-man project together and called ourselves "Personal Storage." If you want to hear the songs I wrote and sang for that project, album titled "Unclaimed Baggage," check it out: http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/59056

I am not a professional and have no plans or aspirations to be. Music is something I enjoy for its own sake. I hope maybe you enjoy one or two of the songs yourself.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jeffrey N. Kelley
 http://imgjam.com/albums/s60/60460/covers/1.0.jpg.
All songs written, performed, and recorded by Jeffrey N. Kelley.

I chose which songs should be in this collection based on which of my more moody ones are closest to my heart.


What are the songs about? Feel free to let them mean whatever you wish them to, but here is something about what they mean to me as the songwriter/performer:


"What If Maybe" -- It is good to be honest about what we have to give, and when.


"Beside the Ocean" -- "Goodbye" can be as hard to say as it is to hear.


"This Bittersweet Obsession" -- It isn't easy to know why we feel what we feel.


"Broke and Broken" -- One can only give what one has to give.


"When You Speak to Gina" -- There is no need to try so hard to be so hard to read.


"Rattled" -- Nothing is more confusing than a shared identity crisis.


"With Me All Along" -- Some people seem to be totally unaware of their influence on others.


"Lost in Transposition" -- Location, location, location.


"In There Anymore" -- Did she choose disconnection or did she have no choice? Or is that an unfair question?


"I Don't Ask Around" -- Not knowing can be better than asking.


Enjoy the album, whatever the songs eventually mean to you. Feel free to download my music and to pass it on to others, too. For me as an amateur, my music isn't about money; I view the Internet as one big front porch where neighbors perform songs for one another, tap their feet, sing along, and smile. So, have fun!


--Jeffrey N. Kelley

http://www.jamendo.com/es/album/60460?refuid=318069
 http://imgjam.com/albums/s60/60064/covers/1.0.jpg.
 
All songs written, performed, and recorded by Jeffrey N. Kelley.
-
A friend of mine chose which of my songs should be in this collection. Thanks, Dwayne.
-
What are the songs about? Feel free to let them mean whatever you wish them to, but here is something about what they mean to me as the songwriter/performer:
-
"Gravity of Love" -- Love isn't just chemistry; it's physics too.
-
"Perpetual Disillusion" -- Some people don't "get" my humor and take on life, but that's OK.
-
"Don't You Accuse Me of Rock and Roll" -- The musical history of the Southeastern United States proves that the idea of "genre" has limited usefulness, at best.
-
"I'll Always Miss You" -- Some people live in the corners of our eyes.
-
"Such a Sweet Epiphany" -- Simple words from a trusted friend can be life-altering.
-
"I'm an Undercover Hillbilly" -- I grew up in Eastern Kentucky.
-
"Cyclothymic Hypomania" -- We don't always know what shifts our moods.
-
"A Good Horse and a Wife" -- The Old West had its own code.
-
"Storybook to Make-Believe" -- Imagination can be a useful tool.
-
"Three Hogs" -- I've never been on a two-wheeler road trip.
-
"The Sound of Lazy Waters" -- Mountain music can be soothing as a stream.
-
"Just Hold Me" -- A guitar is about togetherness and harmony.
-
Enjoy the album, whatever the songs eventually mean to you. Feel free to download my music and to pass it on to others, too. For me as an amateur, my music isn't about money; I view the Internet as one big front porch where neighbors perform songs for one another, tap their feet, sing along, and smile. So, have fun!
-
--Jeffrey N. Kelley
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog

free counters

Datos personales

Mi foto
Malas noticias en los periòdicos, asesinatos, enfermedad, pobreza, dolor, injusticias, discriminaciòn, guerras, lo grave es que nos parece normal.

Ecologia2